Ensuring the health and safety of participants, volunteers, and spectators is our top priority. We will be monitoring the status of COVID-19 closely as we approach our event date. Event details may change due health orders and guidelines provided by the city, county, state, and CDC.
What’s Different in 2021?
We’ve reduced the size of race waves by approximately 50%, and staggered start times to ensure safe distancing. Gathering areas and access points will also be expanded to reduce crowding. Capacity limits may be changed based on state and federal guidelines at the time of the event.
Traditionally, all participants get a free meal and beer (21+) with their registration. At this time food and drinks will only be provided to Elite Wave and VIP ticket holders, with limited access to the VIP area. We hope to make a final decision on food, drinks, and vendor access by June 1.
We ask all participants and guests to help reduce the risk of illness by agreeing to our safety pledge:
- Stay home if you are sick or if you have been in contact with someone who may have COVID-19.
- Arrive on time, follow instructions for queuing, and be ready for your start time.
- Practice good hygiene by washing hands and directing sneezes/coughs into your elbows or tissues.
- Adhere to all event communications, signage, and staff instruction.
- Be considerate to those around you.
Participants will receive up-to-date safety information via email prior to the event.
Thanks for Your Support
The Wichita Gladiator Dash donates 100% of the proceeds from this event to local organizations. Your understanding and support makes this community event possible. We hope you have a great time at this year’s race, and we thank you for contribution to our community!